Website Metz Asethetics
We are here to help you shape the future of your clinical practice, keeping medicine at the heart of everything we do. We are proud of our healthcare heritage which began over one hundred and ten years ago, and our organisation is still run by the same family to this day. Because we remain a private family-owned business, we can put purpose before profit, and that means we listen and do what's right for our customers. We're eager to provide you with a world of learning that can be applied to your Aesthetic business today and for years to come.
Length: Placement Year (10 Months+)
Roles: Administration/Secretarial, Medical/Health, Pharmaceutical, Science/Research
Location: South East
City: Hemel Hempstead
Medical Affairs Placement
We are looking for an aspiring Medical placement student who is pro-active and eager to learn. Applicants must be studying towards or have just completed an undergraduate degree in Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or Chemistry.
What is the role?
This position has the responsibility to support all functions of the Medical Department, including Medical Affairs, Education and Information.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Prepare scientific material for internal and external use and prepare medical competitor intelligence information for dissemination
- Support review and certification of medical material
- Handling enquiries received through the medical information and drug safety mailboxes.
- Handling enquiries received by phone.
- Managing day to day enquiries regarding medical information and adverse event reporting and complaints. Responding to healthcare professionals within the required timeframes.
- Updating, creating and maintaining standard response letters and FAQs for each product as required.
- Ensuring that adverse events are reported within the required timeframes and tracked in accordance with local SOPs.
- Support as necessary on non-promotional meetings and advisory boards
- Support Regulatory Affairs in responding to questions from regulatory agencies and implementing changes to product SPC, PIL and PI
Who will you be working with?
In this position you will be working collaboratively with the medical department, including medical affairs, education and information. You will also liaise with the marketing and sales team where required.
We are looking for someone that:
- Has an understanding on the level of regulation in the aesthetical or pharmaceutical industry
- Is willing to be part of a dynamic team
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Has passion and drive to make a difference during their placement
- Is eager to understand the Aesthetic industry and adapt to the changing customer needs
- Has good planning and prioritisation skills
- Is confident, quick thinking, proactive, responsive and solution oriented
- An undergraduate ideally studying a Life Sciences-related degree.
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Confident in interpreting and communicating scientific data
- Good organisational skills
- Good time management and prioritisation skills (able to work to tight timelines and under pressure)
- Fully IT literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Collaborative approach – ability to work in a team
- Friendly and professional approach to work
- Self-motivated and organised
- A passion for results
About Merz Aesthetics
Since creating one of the world’s first anti-wrinkle creams in 1953, Merz has been a driver of innovation in the fast-evolving field of aesthetic medicine. Merz Aesthetics is active in research, development and distribution of innovative products in the areas of aesthetic medicine and dermatology. As a division of the Merz Pharma Group, Merz Aesthetics is one of the world’s leading aesthetics companies.
If you are looking to have a great learning experience in the medical department whilst being supported to perform at your best, then a placement at Merz Aesthetics could be your steppingstone.
Take the first step. Apply now.
How to Apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please send your CV to Hope.firstname.lastname@example.org and Nav.Kaur@merz.com
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.
You can apply for the post here
To apply for this job please visit leeds.ac.ukhttps.